|Title:||Regional Operations Director (Easy Apply)|
|This application will take 3 minutes or less to fill out. Please do not leave anything blank|
Regional Director of Operations – Must be based in Chicagoland Market
WHO WE ARE: Based in Chicagoland and founded over 25 years ago, Double P Corporation is a leading operator of franchise snack food locations in malls and transportation centers. Our iconic brands include Auntie Anne’s Pretzels, Cinnabon and Red Mango Frozen Yogurt. Our continuously expanding footprint of 93 stores include ten (10) US states as well as 2 Canadian Provinces (Ontario and Alberta).
SUMMARY: We are seeking a highly motivated, high energy, Regional Director of Operations to join our growing organization. The Regional Director/Operations’ initial primary responsibility will be to oversee the operations of our 32+ stores in the Chicagoland market. Responsibilities need to expand to markets outside of Illinois/Wisconsin/Indiana, so there will be travel to surrounding areas.
- Oversee four (4) Illinois District Managers. You will need to have a passion to develop district/regional strategies to achieve store’s financial, operational and customer-service goals while addressing each District’s/Store’s unique challenges.
- Lead a team of leaders: motivate, coach, train and strengthen District and Store Managers as team leaders, retail operators and business owners.
- Serve as a resource: provide expertise on key customer issues, team staffing and management, store operations and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that our locations are meeting/exceeding the Operational Standards set by our Franchisors and that all operations are being executed in accordance to company procedures and applicable laws.
- Ensures the stores meet operational standards of franchisor and ensures business results are being met including sales, labor, food cost, operating profit, mystery shop scores, and guest satisfaction metrics
- Conduct audits of store operations by traveling to stores with/without District Managers
- Ensures District/Store Management behaviors are focused on building sales, staffing, expense controls, employee and guest satisfaction
- Ensures all equipment/physical plant is maintained and in proper working order
- Partners with franchisor representatives on service/operational initiatives
- Be a brand ambassador for Double P Corporation and ensures that experience is delivered to internal & external guests
- Work in field locations to ensure we are maximizing all available opportunities
- Conducts daily/weekly /monthly review of sales, labor, food cost, and guest satisfaction metrics
- Partners with their team to manage P&L for each store and the region
- Implements cost cutting measures on a monthly/daily basis based on P&L budget results
- Monitor staffing levels and labor costs to maximize productivity and ensure District Managers are managing expectations
- Conduct monthly review of key financial metrics with District Managers/Store Managers while visiting stores
- Partner with Double P office staff and Controller to ensure proper paperwork and reports are accurate
- Conducts weekly/monthly one on ones with District Managers
Local Store Marketing
- Work with District Managers and Mall Marketing teams to develop sales building programs within our properties
- Drive third party delivery and catering sales/service results with District Manager
- Implement a quarterly marketing plan by store in conjunction with District Manager
- Build relationships with Mall Management and seek opportunities to partner with outside organizations
- Coach the District Managers on financial management, staffing initiatives, guest service expectations, employee relations, turnover, and franchisor operational metrics
- Ensure the District Manager is advocating HR models that the company provides in the employee lifecycle such as: hiring, performance management, training, recognition, and terminating
- Work with the District Manager to ensure succession plans are being developed for each store
- Step in with HR to perform investigations and resolve employee relations issues proactively while in the field
- Review and approve staff promotions and wage increases
- Conduct one on ones with staff at all levels to ensure internal guest satisfaction while visiting stores
We would love to hear from people with
- 10+ years of managing District Manager level, managing multi-unit restaurant/retail experience of 20+ or more locations.
- 10+ years of management experience leading a market of 150+ total employees, including training, developing and coaching.
- Strong financial acumen and food service industry experience is required in this role.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- High energy, self-motivated, with positive attitude that is contagious to others.
- Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant activity
- Self-motivated and inspired to produce results
- Must be able to make business decisions based on financial reports
- Food purchasing, food costs and inventory control
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional business etiquette
- Road warrior – visit stores and audit stores performance
What we offer you
Great starting base salary, bonus, full benefits including medical, dental and vision with a life insurance policy, Short and Long Term Disability, cellphone plan, a great 401k with company match, weekly pay, sick and vacation time. Mileage reimbursement based on IRS current mileage rate.