|This application will take 3 minutes or less to fill out. Please do not leave anything blank|
- company wants to hire the very best Senior Accountant who is craving the opportunity to learn from our controller and truly understand the financial dashboard of the food industry. Our Senior Accountant must be a go-getter, self-starter, problem solver, able to connect the dots, have very strong analytical skills, and be very detailed oriented…..all in an environment with very little direction (sorry, as it’s our busiest time of the year). We need someone who is comfortable working in a small office of 12 people, confident to work with the controller and owners of the company.
Under the supervision of the Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the accounting, control and financial reporting and analysis activities of the company. The position also assists with the financials projection process. Duties require a thorough knowledge of accounting concepts and practices, a detailed understanding of financial systems and hands on experience of accounting systems. The ability to make competent and independent judgments in regards to the execution of financial transactions is required.
Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university in the fields of accounting, finance, business administration. A minimum of 5 years of experience leading the financial accounting and reporting function of an entity in a computerized environment. Proficiency in Microsoft office and integrated financial/business systems.
Required knowledge: thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices. Knowledge of the general principles of finance, including budgeting and reporting. Ability to prepare financial reports and analysis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Timely preparation of monthly financial statements on an accrual basis including analysis of variance from budget and prior year along with individual account analysis.
- Completes necessary journal entries as part of the monthly financial closing process
- Records appropriate accruals on a timely basis
- Completes bank reconciliations of corporate accounts on a timely basis
- Provides oversight of the accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales reporting and food cost reporting functions
- Assist with external audits and the annual budgeting process
- Ensure internal control systems/procedures of the organization are functioning property
- Back up for critical functions in the department
- Perform other financial duties as assigned by the Controller
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of the company’s financial activities
- Accounting, reporting and financial control subject matter expert
- Financial systems leader
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask with accuracy to maintain quality and quantity
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills with a sense of urgency
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and adaptable to changing priorities in a high volume, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of Sage 300 ERP System is a plus
- Advanced Excel Skills such as vlookups, pivot tables, if statements (you will be tested on this so be ready)
WHO ARE WE:
We are the largest Auntie Anne’s Franchise – with over 90 locations (US and Canada). Auntie Anne's got its start in 1988 when Anne Beiler bought a stand in a Pennsylvania farmer's market. After some experimentation, "Auntie" Anne created a masterpiece — the same freshly baked goodness you know and love today. Our pretzels are guaranteed to please….Our pretzels are made on the spot to hit the spot. In fact, our freshness guarantee guarantees you'll love your pretzel or we'll replace it with one that you do. Our pretzels have a purpose….Auntie Anne's is proud to partner with Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) and support the mission to find a cure for childhood cancer. Since 2011, Auntie Anne's has raised more than $4.1 million for ALSF through annual in-store fundraising campaigns, coin canister donations, local event collaboration and the company's annual C.A.R.E.S. Golf Tournament.